I realizes it’s been waaaay too long since I last posted, having promised a follow up to the previous post on the importance of belief systems. Apologies!
So, instead of reinventing the wheel, let me share a great article on the topic of 10 Essential Critical Thinking Skills from Indeed, the job and career site that connects employers and job-seekers.
In short, the article describes 5 basic critical thinking skills, and then 5 more that expand and deepen the basic skills. These first five are:
- Observation: The ability to notice and predict opportunities, problems and solutions.
- Analysis: The gathering, understanding and interpreting of data and other information.
- Inference: Drawing conclusions based on relevant data, information and personal knowledge and experience.
- Communication: Sharing and receiving information with others verbally, nonverbally and in writing.
- Problem solving: The process of gathering, analyzing and communicating information to identify and troubleshoot solutions.